There has been a rising demand for silver travertine floors. Not only is it beautiful to look at but it’s quite a chic color. It is formed when the limestone is deposited by the mineral springs. It is used as a construction material for buildings and houses. It can be used a wallcoverings, countertops and backsplashes. Some people even use it as a flooring option. Plus it can be used outdoors because it can resist the tough weather conditions as well. Silver travertine is available in tiles, pavers, slabs and mosaic.
The patterns found on silver travertine has a certain variation. The slabs are cut in such a way that these result in parallel veins with alternating tones throughout surface.
Using silver travertine designs
There is something really classy about silver travertine. It is modern but at the same time elegantly chic. You can use it in your homes in the following ways
- It can be used as a flooring option especially if you want to give the room an edgy look. It makes up for chiseled floor which is aesthetically pleasing and completely change the look of your room.
- It can be used in the hallways in the corridor to create a sophisticated look which kind of imitates marble tiles.
- You can even use it as a backsplash for your kitchen in herring bone pattern. This brings out the natural element in your kitchen and giving it an appealing and elegant look.
- When used in a French pattern the silver travertine bathroom walls with chiseled features give the rustic look which is quiet magnificent.
- It also works well for people who believe in minimalism. Vein cut silver travertine tiles makeup for a contemporary look.
- It doesn’t matter whether you prefer using the large the tiles or the smaller tiles, travertine can completely change the look of your space
- However its use is not just limited to the indoor of your home but in fact can be used to decorate the patio as well giving it a cool vibe.
- Plus it can also be used around the pool deck, to create an interesting combination of the jeweled silver and aqua tones.
When it comes to silver travertine designs the possibilities are endless. However it should be kept in mind that the price of the travertine depends on its quality and design. The cheapest option you have is 1 square foot costing around $ 4. The price range can go as high as $ 15 or even $ 25. It all depends on whom you have purchased it from and for what purpose it is going to be used.
While the silver color of the tiles is stylish and classy, you should consider the fact that it can be easily damaged especially when organic liquids are spilled onto it. This can be combated easily with the help of laying a seal over the travertine tiles. The sealant would fill the pits and the holes and prevent the absorption of any kind of liquid.